Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bolero Elegant 2

Pin It Now!








Sorry for the late posting, this is a request from a follower. I just gave this bolero to my sister-in-law so I am giving the instructions based on how I remember it.



Needed:
Cotton thread ( desired color)
#1 Stainless hook


Instruction:





1st Motif:
Make a magic ring:
Round 1: Ch 5, (dc,ch2) 7 times, ch2, end w/ sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch5. (8dc, 8-ch loops/spaces).
Round 2: Sl st in next 2ch sp. ch3 (consider as 1st dc), 3dc in the same sp, ch11, 4dc in next 2ch sp, (ch 3, 4dc in next sp, ch11, 4dc in next 2 ch sp) 3 times, ch3, sl st in top of beg ch3. 


2nd Motif:
Make a magic ring:
Round 1: Ch 5, (dc,ch2) 7 times, ch2, end w/ sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch5. (8dc, 8-ch loops/spaces).
Round 2: Sl st in next 2ch sp. ch3 (consider as 1st dc), 3dc in the same sp, ch5, sl st in any 11ch sp of 1st motif, ch5, 4dc in next 2ch sp of 2nd motif, ch1, sl st in next 3ch sp of 1st motif, ch1, 4dc in next 2ch sp of 2nd motif, ch5, sl st in next 11ch sp of 1st motif, ch5, 4dc in next 2ch sp of 2nd motif (ch 3, 4dc in next sp, ch11, 4dc in next 2 ch sp) twice, ch3, sl st in top of beg ch3. cut off. 








See the illustration for reference in forming the bolero.


Edging:

(I can not remember what are the counts but I used for the edging are 3 rows of sc and for the 4th row was *sc in each of 4 sc, ch1* repeat *to* around, attached the string in lower corner of front bolero.)

Optional:
Round 1: Attach thread in any joined corner of motif, ch1, sc in the same st, (3sc in next 5ch sp, sc in each 4dc, 2sc in 3ch sp,3sc in next 5ch sp, sc in joined motif) around. End w/ sl st in 1st sc.
Round 2-3: Ch1, sc in the same sc. sc around. End w/ sl st.
Round 4: Ch1, sc in the same sc, sc around. This time put a string in lower corner of front bolero. End w/ sl st in 1st sc. Cut off.





9 comments:

  1. im makin two of these a Medium and an XXL
    how many motifs do i need to make for the Medium and the XXL

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a size L and that is by Philippine standards and I'm sure I'm a size S by US standards. I have not made larger sizes yet. I would try to count the motifs and add evenly depending on the size I want to make.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Do you make all these motifs separately one by one and then attach them together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I crocheted this horizontal, right to left , left to right. Maybe I make a tutorial for that and update this blog.

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful pattern and I would like to work on it .Can u please tell me how much yarn is required n what size is the bolero that you have posted here .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used #8 crochet thread in this bolero. The size is extra small by US standards. I'm sorry I can not tell how much thread I used because I gave this to my sister in-law as a gift. I can try and ask her to weight it for me and as soon as I have that I will update you. Thank you very much for your support. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the information

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work ill be doing this project....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...